This Privacy Statement / Policy applies to the collection of Personal Information by or on behalf of Choppers Transport Pty. Ltd. trading as Party Travels.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect PI for several reasons, including:
• to provide you with our products or services;
• to administer our relationship with you;
• to facilitate the running of trade promotions and other competitions;
• to facilitate the running of client loyalty programs;
• to monitor activity on our websites, to maintain the security of those websites;
• to compile Individual and client databases to enable us to market goods and services more accurately;
• to provide advertisers with information to assist them in their decision-making processes and marketing of goods and services;
• for internal administrative purposes, such as procedural assessments, risk management, staff training, accounting, billing and product and service reviews; and
• to identify and inform you about other products or services that may be of interest to you.
If our relationship with you is not solely one of the general clients, we may use your information in other ways, for example, to assess goods or services that you supply or to pay your account.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We primarily collect PI directly from you through written and verbal means of communication. However, PI may be collected in a variety of ways, including:
• competition entry forms;
• social media
• application forms;
• posted mail;
• websites (including in some instances cookies);
• online transactions;
• networking functions (eg, business cards);
• in person;
• over the telephone;
• credit card details via credit card purchases;
• public surveys;
• employee applications and surveys;
• business contacts (eg contractual documents);
• information collected from third parties (eg, marketing databases);
• information collected from public sources (eg, telephone directories); and
• other forms of written and verbal communication.
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We only hold information about you that is relevant to our relationship with you. Generally, the PI we hold will include (where applicable) your name, contact details, membership/card/account number/s, records of correspondence, subscription and payment details, type of business, and billing statements.
If our relationship with you is not solely one of broadcaster-listener, we may collect other information that we consider necessary in the circumstances, such as the nature of the products or services that you supply, quotes that you provide, your credit details and, if you are a non-profit organization that we have agreed to assist, how you make use of the products or services that we provide you.
Sensitive information includes information about your race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation. We rarely ask for sensitive information, but may do so occasionally as part of competition, promotion or survey, for example. We will not ask for confidential information unless:
• you have consented;
• the collection of the data is specifically authorized by law;
• the collection is necessary to lessen a serious or imminent threat to the health or safety or any person; or
• the selection of the information is essential for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
Advertisers or sponsors on our websites may collect information when you view or click on their ads. We do not have any control over this data collection.
YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS
You may request access to your PI at any time by written request to Choppers Transport Pty. Ltd. trading as Party Travels Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com
We may impose a reasonable charge for providing access to Personal Information by the Act.
When we may withhold access to PI
Access to PI may be withheld in several circumstances, including where:
• providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any person;
• providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
• the information is subject to confidentiality where the person who provided the information to us did so expressly on the condition that it remain confidential;
• the request is vexatious or frivolous;
• the information relates to current or anticipated legal proceedings between PartyTravels and the person, and the information would not be required to be discovered to a court;
• we are in commercial negotiations with the person, and the information would reveal our intentions or otherwise prejudice those negotiations;
• providing access would disclose information relating to our commercially sensitive decision-making processes;
• providing access would be unlawful, or we are required by law to withhold access; or
• providing access could prejudice the investigation, detection, or prosecution by Party Travels or by a government body of possible unlawful activity or serious or improper misconduct, or is likely to cause damage to the security of Australia.
Where we are unable to provide you with access to PI, we will provide written reasons and may instead, at our discretion, choose to give you a summary of that information. We may also consider, at our discretion, whether the provision of access to an independent third party will meet both of our requirements.
YOU MAY CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We regularly monitor the quality and accuracy of PI that we maintain and, where practicable, update that information. Besides, you may request that your PI be updated at any time.
If your PI is out-of-date or otherwise incorrect, please contact Party Travels’ Privacy Officer with your written advice regarding the inaccuracy of the information, and we will endeavor to correct it for you wherever possible.
In the unlikely event that we disagree about the accuracy of the information such that we are unable to change it, you may provide us with a statement that you dispute its accuracy. We will associate the account with your information in such a manner that it will be brought to the attention of each person who uses that information.
YOUR RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
If you are not satisfied with how we have handled your PI, you may complain in writing with Party Travels’ Privacy Officer. We will inform you as to who will handle your claim.
We want to send you promotional information about goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you. However, we understand that you may not wish to receive such material. You will have an opportunity to “opt-in” and “opt-out” (as applicable) in connection with promotions except in some cases where you would be notified that opting in was a condition of participation. If this is the case, please inform our Privacy Officer, and we will promptly remove your name from our mailing list.
This website contains links to third-party sites. Choppers Transport Pty Ltd. trading as Party Travels and all assisted businesses are not responsible for the condition or the content of those sites that link from or to these sites, as they are not under our control.
The links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate, expressly or implied, any endorsement of the sites or the products or services offered there. You access those sites and use their products and services solely on your own risk.
There may be technical inaccuracies, typographical errors, programming bugs or computer viruses in these web site or their contents. Choppers Transport Pty Ltd trading as Party Travels makes no representations about the accuracy or suitability of the information or links provided on this web site.
Further information about privacy may be obtained from the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner of Australia at http://www.privacy.gov.au.